Ever wondered what to do with those few poor, slightly floppy carrots that are hanging about in the bottom of your vegetable tray??
Well, here you go. An old wartime classic that as far as I’m concerned will never go out of fashion! A brilliant way to get a bit of veg into the kiddies.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 12 minutes
Makes 10-12 cookies
½ tsp baking powder
1 medium carrots, peeled and grated
½ tsp ground cinnamon
• Preheat the oven 180C. Place the butter and sugar in to a food processor and cream together until pale and fluffy.
• Add the flour and baking powder and a 1tbsp of water if the mixture is looking a bit dry.
• Add the grated carrot and the cinnamon and blend again.
• Dived the mixture into balls, each measuring about 3cm in circumference, and place onto a baking sheet which has been lined with parchment paper.
• Place into a pre heated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.